February 19, 2014

6 Decades of Valentines with Asos and Grabble

Hello Dolls!

It's been a while since I've actually sat down, gathered my thoughts and wrote a blog post. Life has been pretty hectic with responsibilities and enjoying my last few days in KL before I return to Melbourne!

Also, my creative energy has been running pretty darn low!

When I noticed Grabble and Asos teamed up to host a Valentines competition, I knew this was my chance to inject a little spark into my 'low hp creative self'. All we had to do was create a Valentines wishlist on Grabble and be on our merry way! I decided to bring this up a level by challenging myself to illustrate a few of my wishlist outfits.

At first glance, Grabble reminded me very much of Pinterest but, the best part ever, Grabble notifies us when our wishlist item goes on SALE! Yes, you may squeal now fellow shopaholics.

Instead of creating just one outfit I'd wear on Valentines, I thought to myself 'What would one wear if they were from a different decade?' If Grabble and Asos existed was back then, this is probably what they'd be rocking for Valentines Day!


Vintage Valentines: 14 February 1950s



"Ah I've been searching for a poodle skirt, without the poodle print for the longest time ever! Sure they're cute, but I have one too many poodles in my wardrobe."

"These Mary Janes are gorgeous! I couldn't pair this pink outfit with black MJs, heavens no! White is most definitely better!"

"And to complete this look, here's my lucky scarf!"



Vintage Valentines: 14 February 1960s


"Off to the Woodstock Festival! I'm gonna stay so comfy in this tie-dye dress and flats. Heels are evil."

"7, 8, 9... That should be enough bracelets for today."

"No way I'm messing up my hair with a head scarf! These daisies are more hair and environmentally friendly!"


Vintage Valentines: 14 February 1970s


"Night fever, night fever.
We know how to do it.
Gimme that night fever, night fever.
We know how to show it."

Vintage Valentines: 14 February 1980s



"Shoulder pads are awesome! I mean, our handbags can stay on our shoulders for hours and we don't even feel the strain!"

"I wonder if my skirt is short enough and my earrings are big enough?"

"Madonna had on a bunch of necklaces in her last magazine appearance, gosh she's gorgeous!"


Vintage Valentines: 14 February 1990s



"Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want, 
So tell me what you want, what you really really want, 
I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want, 
So tell me what you want, what you really really want, 
I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna really really really wanna zigazig ha."

"Gotta put on my Avril tie before I meet the gang!"


Vintage Valentines: 14 February 2014


60 years later, here we are in 2014! We're ending this Vintage Valentines post with what I'd wear for Valentines!

Arm candy, a bunch of cute delicate rings, a transparent clutch, gorgeous versatile heels and a cut out dress! Give me anything cut out, and I'm totally in!

How did you celebrate Valentines this year? The bf and I wanted to pop by for some street food in KL, but it was too hot so we settled for fish and chips + shopping. Lol we're such pansies!

If you'd like to check out my Grabs, you can find me here!

Cheers!

♡ ♡ 

M.May

  Blog  Twitter  Instagram 

p.s. It was my first time drawing on a tablet! It was sooo daunting at first, but I believe I'll be able to improve if I continue practicing. The 'model' was based strongly from Victoria Secret sketches as I find their sketches very mesmerising. I mean, who doesn't love VS! Also, if you've noticed, I've experimented with different art styles and I'm hoping I'd be able to find my own flair soon! I'm not too sure when I'd pick up then pen for another sketch, but I'll try to sketch more this year. Pinky promise!

2 comments :

  1. the illustrations are so cute, and that sounds like an interesting site to check out :P

    www.lacy-rose.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Vintage style is very elegant I love it!

    恵美より ♥

    emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a ♡ message!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...